Benefits Of Detox Water For Weight Loss
The latest craze in weight loss is detox water, an approach to losing fat that is nothing short of miraculous. As the name suggests, detox water helps to remove harmful toxins from the body. It is great for a variety of reasons, including losing weight and boosting the immune system.
The ingredients in detox water have a multitude of health benefits and help the body stay hydrated. For example, cucumber has anti-inflammatory properties; lemon helps boost the immune system with vitamin C; and mint is a natural sweetener that aids digestion.
How Does Detox Water Work?
Whether you would like to lose weight, boost your immune system, or flush toxins out of your body, when you start on a detox water regimen you will start to feel better immediately. It cleanses the system and washes away toxins and impurities while breaking up fat globules. The Beta Switch program reviews say that detox is an important part of losing weight and keeping that weight off.
There is no one perfect recipe for detox water and the benefits depend on what you put into the water. There are many recipes that allow you to experiment until you find the ones that are right for you and give you the most benefits. Every ingredient in the water will have a very specific purpose and a combination of ingredients will work together to cleanse and purify your system and keep it hydrated. The taste is so great that you can drink as much of it as you like.
Some Guidelines To Making Detox Water
Start off with pure spring water that will eliminate chlorine and hard metals in tap water entering your system while you are trying to detox. Popular ingredients for detox water to start off with are lemon, cucumber, and mint. Any type of fruit can be added to pure water to make a potent detox drink that can be enjoyed throughout the day.
If you have a specific goal like weight loss in mind, high fiber fruits can be used to make detox water that will keep you satiated for longer after a meal, and curb your appetite if taken before a meal. For cleansing and detox purposes you can add any vegetables or herbs and drink lots of it throughout the day.
Extra Steps to Get the Best Water
Depending on the type of fruit and other factors there are general guidelines for how long to keep ingredients in the water. Some fruits can be infused overnight. However, vegetables and herbs should be removed after about 4 hours, after which the water can be refrigerated and can last up to 3 days.
Use glass containers for your detox water as plastic tends to leech harmful substances into the water after being used for a period of time, especially when acidic fruits like lemons are used. If you prefer plastic choose BPA-free containers.
If you like cold drinks, infused water can be kept in a container with a tap that is easy to pour out straight from the fridge, or one with a handle that is easy to drink out of and return to the fridge. Water bottle infusers and very handy as they make it easier to remove the ingredients from the detox water.
Benefits Of Ingredients In Detox Recipes
- For slimming, cucumber has diuretic properties that help flush excess water from the system.
- Grapefruit and all citrus fruits are packed with vitamin C to boost the immune system and heal the digestive tract. Tart grapefruit is packed with enzymes that make fat soluble and is great for detoxing the liver.
- Mint soothes the internal digestive tract and promotes a feeling of physiological purification.
- Ginger has an abundance of special compounds called shogaols that quells nausea and heals the intestinal walls of the digestive system. It is rich in gingerol that is highly detoxifying and combats cancer.
- Blueberries are a superfood packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber, as well as anthocyanins that fight free radicals.
- Watermelon has phytonutrients known as lycopene with anti-inflammatory effects, and amino acids that aid in blood flow and cardiovascular health.
Choose the ingredients that will supply the greatest benefits for your particular requirements and enjoy the great taste of infused detox water every day.